2017 Order of Pegasus Recipients
UCF has named 21 students as recipients of the Order of Pegasus, the university’s most prestigious student award.
The 2017 recipients were selected from a pool of 65 nominations. The 2017 class includes eight LEAD Scholars, eight President’s Leadership Council members, six Student Government Association leaders, 14 Burnett Honors College students, two Greek members, and one student-athlete.
Undergraduate students are chosen for Order of Pegasus each year based on their outstanding achievement in the areas of academic achievement, university involvement, leadership and community service. Graduate students are selected based on the same merits as well as publication or research experiences. Because of the breadth of accomplishments required for this award, the Order of Pegasus is the highest student award that can be attained at the university.
The winners will be honored at a ceremony this spring on March 27.
The names and a picture of the inductees will be added to the wall showcasing past and present Order of Pegasus recipients in the Pegasus Lounge located on the second floor of the Student Union. Inductees also receive commemorative medals, scholarships from the Student Government Association and lifetime memberships to the UCF Alumni Association.
This year’s recipients are:
• Andrew Aboujaoude, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
• Sandeep Bala, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
• Austin Burns, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
• Christopher Clemente, College of Arts and Humanities and College of Sciences, History and Political Science
• Emily Dovydaitis, College of Sciences, Anthropology and Biology
• Erin Driscoll, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
• Lauren Gandy, College of Arts and Humanities and College of Sciences, French and Forensic Biochemistry
• Ari Hadar, College of Medicine, Biomedical Sciences
• Sabrina Jerome, College of Arts and Humanities and College of Sciences, Religion and Cultural Studies and Political Science
• Daniel Kleiman, College of Sciences, Psychology
• Barbara Mendez-Campos, College of Health and Public Affairs, Social Work
• Catherine Ninah, College of Engineering and Computer Science, Industrial Engineering
• Angel Sanchez, College of Health and Public Affairs and College of Sciences, Legal Studies and Political Science
• Elizabeth Santiago, College of Sciences, Psychology
• Taylor Scimeca, College of Sciences and Undergraduate Studies, Political Science and Interdisciplinary Studies
• Halle Scott, College of Business Administration, Marketing
• Rima Suleiman, College of Sciences, Psychology
• Jacqueline Babb, College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
• Emily Herrington, College of Sciences, Anthropology
• Madeline Marks, College of Sciences, Clinical Psychology
• Whitney Watkins, College of Education and Human Performance, Higher Education and Policy Studies
For more information about this topic, please visit: http://order.sdes.ucf.edu/.