Safe Knight Week
This year, Safe Knight Week will be held March 6 through March 10. This week-long event brings awareness to safety, physical and sexual health, wellness, mental health, violence prevention, alcohol and other drugs, high risk behavior, sexual assault, and creating a welcoming campus. The event is a partnership with UCF Police Department, Security and Emergency Management, Student Care Services, Student Government Association, Student Health Services, Recreation and Wellness Center, and Wellness and Health Promotions Services. Encourage your students to attend one of the events for this useful information!
The Safe Knight Week consist of the following events below:
Monday, March 6
- Safe Knight Carnival on Memory Mall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Memory Mall – A carnival featuring wellness and safety services at UCF. Fun, games and prizes!
- Meditation at 4:15 p.m. | Knights Plaza
Tuesday, March 7
- It’s On Us Campus Walk from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Begins at Ferrell Commons – Take a walk against sexual assault. Healthy refreshments provided.
- Green Dot overview training at 1:15 p.m. | Ferrell Auditorium
- Storm Spotters at 2 p.m. | EOC building 49
- Self Defense Class at 6 p.m. | Global UCF, on Memory Mall – UCF Police Department will teach you how to keep yourself safe.
Wednesday, March 8
- UCF Cares Scavenger Hunt begins at 11 a.m. | Ferrell Commons Courtyard – Join UCF Cares and explore the UCF Campus in search of UCF related services. Fill your passport to enter the raffle
- WHPS rapid free HIV Testing from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | RWC Suite 111 – Get your results in 15 minutes, confidential and free.
- Cooking competition and fire safety at 5 p.m. | Global UCF room 101
- Yoga under the stars at 9 p.m. | Memory Mall
Thursday, March 9
- A survival mindset workshop starting at 9 a.m. | EOC building 49
- Alcohol screening at 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | outside of library – Come take a free assessment of your alcohol use, see how you compare with other students and learn ways to reduce alcohol-related risks.
- Alcohol and Consent Mock trial at 5 p.m. | RWC room 206 – This trial will explore the differences between consensual sex and rape while under the influence and engage attendees in a conversation about consent.
Thursday, March 10
- thePoint After Dark hosting a game night starting at 10 p.m. | Neptune Multipurpose Room