The Washington Center Internship Opportunity
With internship options for students in a wide variety of majors, TWC provides you with the opportunity to earn academic credit through your college or university while living and working in our nation's capital. TWC's infrastructure is designed to help you experience a smooth adjustment to your new surroundings in Washington, D.C. and to prepare you to transition from being a student to becoming a working professional.
For detailed information on the program, please visit The Washington Center's website here: http://www.twc.edu/campaign/leadership-initiative-students-disabilities
The Washington Center's Leadership Initiative for Students with Disabilities seeks to ensure that you are equipped with the tools to complete your classroom and workplace responsibilities and live comfortably in TWC provided housing.
Qualifying students will earn scholarships that help to offset the cost of participation. The Initiative is supported by AT&T, The HSC Foundation and The Kessler Foundation. Amounts vary.
The Washington Center actively works with students to provide reasonable accommodations on a wide spectrum of disabilities that fall under ADA guidelines. Examples of disabilities that TWC has accommodated include but are not limited to:
• Learning disabilities
• Cerebral palsy
• Muscular dystrophy
• Bipolar disorder
• Major depression
• Multiple sclerosis
• Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Obsessive-compulsive disorder
• Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
• Intellectual disability
• Mobility impairments
How to Apply for the Disabilities Scholarships
Qualifying students will earn scholarships that help to offset the cost of participation. Although amounts vary, awards generally range from $500-$4,000. Please note that in some cases, this support can be combined with state funds. To be considered for a scholarship, students should:
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Participate in The Washington Center's academic internship program.
• Complete and submit a TWC application by the regular deadline.
• Indicate interest on the scholarships section of the application.
• Provide TWC with documentation from a physician or campus disability services office.
• Upon acceptance, return to the student portal to complete the disability services application if services are required.
For more information about our scholarship offerings, contact us at email@example.com.